Monday, May 23, 2011

Learning the Ways of my Camera

For our anniversary, Dan bought me a new photography book that's specific to my camera (The Nikon D3100) and also talks about how to take better pictures in different settings. I love it. At the end of each chapter it has a homework assignment. Here's the before and after of my favorite picture from the first chapter's homework.

I love duckies!



I like the water in the background on the first photo, but I needed to lighten the picture to show more of the duck's details and the water went a little wacky, so I cropped it out. And yes, the duck on the right is missing half of his bill. Poor guy!

And here's one of my all-time favorite pictures of Dan. This is the face he gives me when I'm being ridiculous, but slightly less exaggerated here and it's usually accompanied by a head shake. :) The only thing that annoys me is the effect the glasses have on the right side of the picture. See if you notice what I'm talking about..


Hopefully next time I'll have either a baby to show (FINGERS CROSSED!) or Z's dress.

Until then,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment