Monday, May 16, 2011

From the Kitchen and Sewing Machine

Every week I try to make a to-do list to complete. Most of the time only about half of the things on the list get completed. This past week I was supposed to be participating in "Kid's Clothes Week Challenge" where I was going to be sewing clothes for an hour everyday of the week. I failed. The only thing I did was complete that baby quilt I've been working on for Autumn. I still have yet to start on Z's dress (well, that's not totally true, I cut out 2 pieces of fabric... that's something right??).

Yesterday, I spent all day cleaning. Typically I like to follow a day of cleaning with a day of doing nothing. That's what today is. I look at blogging as part of that "nothingness" so here I am, catching you up on my most recent finish and some yummy food that Dan has made in the past week.

Here are pictures of the quilt in its finishing stages, so you can see the difference between: A). Just sewn together; B). With the seams cut; and C). After it's been washed. I hope you like it! I'm totally in love with it, but I did spend an excessive amount of time on it, so that could be why!  :)

A).  Sewn together



B). Seams Cut


C). The finished, washed, quilt.




It's just so soft and cuddly looking! I can't believe it's finally finished!

Anyway, on to food that Dan has been making. First, let me say that Dan is awesome cook... he just hates cleaning up afterward (who doesn't?). So, we don't normally get to eat his yumminess. BUT, for my first Mother's Day, instead of taking me out to breakfast, he made me one that was better than I could have gotten anywhere else.

Behold the chocolate chip pancakes covered with strawberries and powdered sugar (oh my goodness they were amazing!!):


And here are some pretty flowers that my Aunt sent me in honor of my "first" Mother's Day. Beautiful!


 Until next time,
Amy

2 comments: