Friday, May 6, 2011

Kids Clothes Week Challenge 2011



  Next week - assuming this baby is still inside of me - I'll be participating in the "Kids Clothes Week Challenge" put on by blogger Elsie Marley. The rules are simple: sew clothes for your (or your friend's) children for 1 hour a day every day of the week. I think I can devote 1 hour of my day to sewing kids' clothes, don't you? Anyone else want to join?? Check out that blog link! ^^




 ----------------------------------------------



I'm still looking into good places to take maternity pictures. Dan and I ventured to a park yesterday around 7pm and I didn't like hardly any of the pictures that I took. I semi-blame this on the fact that Dan hasn't had his hair cut in 3 months and looks so goofy (sorry, babe). I wasn't taking maternity photos yet, just looking to see how that time of day affected the picture lighting and also how the landscape looked. I did take this "artsy" picture of a leaf while trying out my camera's macro setting:


I should probably mention that I don't know how to use the editing program, yet. lol.
Here's a goofy picture of Dan, just for the fun of it. The haircut is happening today. :) [I know it seems like I'm really getting on him about this hair issue, but seriously we've been planning to get it cut for over a month now. He also hates the way it looks, so I'm not just the crazy, nit-picky wife. lol.]



 ----------------------------------------------
Things checked off my most recent to-do list: 
Well, none are totally completed, but I have nearly finished Autumn's quilt, and I've also designed Stacy's purse and have bought the fabric for it. I'm realizing now that I forgot to get the zipper... That's okay, when I go to the store to get some fabric for kids clothes, I'll be sure to pick that up. 

I'll post pictures of the quilt probably tomorrow, after it's had its first tumble in the dryer to get it looking nice and "raggie".  

Until next time,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment