Friday, May 27, 2011

Fotography Friday: Nieces and Nature

Well, I don't have a baby yet. The induction is set for May 31st at 8pm. Maybe she'll arrive on her own before then, but if not, that's okay. At least there's an end in sight! :)

I have 5 pictures for my first Foto Friday.

The first is of my niece, Z. I think she looks adorable, but the picture itself isn't exactly what I was wanting. When I tried to edit it, nothing went right, so I just decided to forget about changing anything. So, this is the original photo. I like that it's kind of an action shot, her face is great... but it's too dark and there's a shadow I dislike a lot.


The next photo is of my niece, D. Originally this photo had too much going on in the background and wasn't focused enough on her. I cropped the photo, edited some of the sides to get rid of extra stuff that didn't belong and then decided to turn it black and white. I like that her face is in focus, that it's using the rule of thirds, and that there is movement captured. I wish I knew how to edit color better, though.


The next 2 photos are of some duckies hanging out by the fishing pond in our apartment complex. I like the first one because the foreground in blurred and the ducks are in focus. I lighted the shadows, since the original picture was too dark and I cropped the photo a little bit. The second photo I also lightened and cropped. The colors of the ducks are fun and I really like the reflections in the water, as well.



The last photo is a black and white of an awesome weeping willow tree. I love those so much! I felt the black and white gave it a very serene look. I also made it black and white because I was upset that the sky color was completely white and not blue at all. Obviously in B&W you can't tell that.


Any comments or critiques are appreciated! Thanks!

Until Monday (assuming I make it through the weekend without having the baby),
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Amy. I'll check in every Friday to see what you've posted.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete