Friday, August 12, 2011

FF: Another year older and maybe a tiny bit wiser.

Okay, so... I haven't blogged in over a week. And a lot has happened in said week. Most importantly, though, I turned 23. Yep...

I didn't want to turn 23. Not because I don't want to get older. I'd be happy with 24. It's just something about the number that I don't like. 23... ick.

And yes... I know I'm weird!

In honor on my 23rd (*shudder*) birthday, I've made a list.

24 Things I Want to Accomplish Before Turning 24

1. Lose 60 pounds (YAY for only 60 more to go till I reach my goal!)
2. Make The Sand Pebbles Quilt (32 x 32") from start to finish.
3. Make the top of The Farmer's Wife Quilt. Dan got me the book for my birthday! LOVE HIM!
4. Read The Complete Book of US Presidents.
5. Memorize the Presidents' order and their years in office
6. Read These High, Green Hills (I've been reading this off and on for over a year... it's time to finish it!)
7. Read The Time Traveler's Wife.
8. Read one book from the BBC's top 100 list.
9. Memorize locations and names of every country (minus those random islands)
10. Teach Autumn Sign Language
11. Go out dancing one night.
12. Learn 2 dinner recipes
13. Learn 2 healthy-ish dessert recipes
14. Use up all of my fabric.
15. Cloth Diaper for the entire year.
16. Learn to take better photographs.
17. Take 6 month and 1 year photos of Autumn with my new photo taking skillz.
18. Go on vacation to a new place.
19. Eat at a Brazilian Steak House.
20. Research Adoption and Foster Care.
21. Help someone that needs help whenever they need it.
22. Get a manicure and a pedicure
23. Make a new friend.   COMPLETED! I've made like 15 in the past week. lol.
24. Practice patience on a daily basis.

The obvious missing thing on the list is: Be a great mom to Autumn and put her before every other agenda I might have.

Do you think I can accomplish all of these things? I hope I can!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And... because it's actually Fotography Friday and NOT Thoughtful Thursday, here is a picture of Autumn. My mom bought her this dress before she was born. It is 6-9 months. I've got an awesome child. That woman in Target who told me, "You will have champion" was spot on. :)

I know everyone thinks we are twins... but I totally think she looks like her Daddy here!

Until I find the time to blog again,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute!! :)

    And you can definitely accomplish everything on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable!
    And I love your list, I wish I had made a list like that on my birthday. Good luck finishing everything on it.

    ReplyDelete