Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring is Here!

I love all of the seasons we get here in North Carolina. We had a beautiful Fall, a cold and somewhat white winter (which was wonderful), and now a colorful spring! These flowers just appeared on the bushes outside of our apartment building overnight. What a gorgeous pink!!




Recently, Dan and I have been receiving lots of lovely baby gifts in the mail. So, thank you to everyone who has been sending them!! (Of course you'll be receiving a formal Thank You card, also!)

We received a very special homemade gift today from my cousin, Anne. She recently became a grandmother (like 2 days ago! exciting!) and somehow still had time to write us a sweet card and send this beautiful hand knit baby blanket our way. I simply had to share, since this is a craft blog and all!




I'm in love! I know Autumn will love the softness of it and will use it for years to come! :)

I wasn't very productive in the sewing arena today. I was supposed to finish the boppy cover (which I did, actually) and cut out a whole bunch of material for stuffed toy blocks, a taggy blanket, and some crinkle toys. Instead I dreamed up my ideal house and sketched one part of it. Haha.

Here is the finished boppy cover. Like I said yesterday, I really really love the bird fabric! It's so cute! Let me just say that the sewing part of this pattern took maybe 45 minutes, but the stuffing of the pillow into the cover took 20!! I considered that my workout for the day. ;)





Until next time,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment