Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm Married to a Quarter-Centurian!

Dan turned 25 yesterday. This past weekend his best friend, Brian, came to town as a surprise and we had a party. I had been planning Brian's surprise visit since January and didn't give Dan any clues whatsoever that anyone would be coming to town for his birthday. I've never kept a secret like that from him for so long before. Brian arrived Friday night with a quick knock on the door. Dan opened it, threw his hands in the air and yelled, "Brian!" Brian threw his hands in the air and yelled, "Dan!" and then they hugged. It was amazing. Haha. Dan said he knew that it was going to be Brian and he had just had a feeling for the past few days. He told me I didn't give him any hints at all, and that Brian and him must be psychically connected. They're goofy like that.

The next day I kicked them both out of the house so that I could get started setting up for the party. A big thank you to his parents for helping me get the food and decorations in order. It as a huge help!

Since it was his 25th birthday, I had 25 drink options and 25 food options. I made a menu for the drinks: 




 

For food we had: 5 different types of pizza, 5 veggies, 5 fruits, 3 chips, 1 dip, 5 candies, and cupcakes.

It's really unfair for pregnant women to make cupcakes. I love cupcake batter and of course I couldn't eat any of it. I was so sad that I couldn't eat this:


Here are the cupcakes when they've been frosted, followed by a picture of them with poker chips stuck in the frosting. Yes, that is Dan and me on the poker chips. His Uncle got those made for us in Vegas as a Christmas present one year. They're kind of awesome.



The party ended up looking like a Mexican fiesta, but it was supposed to be a "poker party". The colors were black, red, green, and white. Whatever, it's not like this was a professional party or anything. Here are some pictures Dan's dad took.

Brian, Dan, and Me

The party guests, missing Jared and Christina.

Being serenaded

We played Celebrity (only the most amazing game on the face of the planet) and hung out and talked for the majority of the party. People left around 10:30/11:00 and Dan, Brian, and I stayed up until 2:30 talking and hanging out. It was a lot of fun.

On Monday - Dan's actual birthday - we went to a place called Frankie's. It's like a mini-amusement park. They have mini-golf, go-carts, rides, an arcade, etc. We played an epic round of mini-golf in which Dan beat me by 1 point on the 18th hole with an awesome second putt.


Later we played skeeball.


 We went out to dinner later with his parents to a place called Ted's Montana Grill. They served bison. It was yum-o! :) 

I think Dan really enjoyed his last birthday before the baby is born. I know I did! Haha. 

Anyway - for one last set of pictures - here is the purse I made for my sister-in-law. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out and she seemed like she really liked it (so that's awesome)! 





I used this Simplicity Pattern - Bag D. I hope you like it, too! 

Until next time,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I love the game Celebrity. Of course, I was introduced to it by the fabulous you!! You guys look great. Miss you tons, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing game, isn't it?!?! Miss you loads!

    ReplyDelete