Monday, April 18, 2011

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag

Yesterday and today were... interesting. Yesterday, I didn't do anything. Well, that's not totally true. I cut out 2 pattern pieces for my purse (Woohoo!). Today, I went to Joann's to get fabric for my next couple of projects, finished cutting out the purse pattern, put together the entire purse, and cut out the pattern for my next project.

I'm pretty excited about my purse. I love the fabric and the colors. I really like the pattern. While most of the purse was easy to sew, I nearly threw something across the room when I got to the dip in the band. Holy smokes I hated that part so much! Luckily, it only took a few minutes to get through.

Also, this was the first time I've ever worked with interfacing. The pattern told me to fuse the interfacing to different pieces throughout the project, but I'm pretty sure I saved myself a lot of time by doing all of the pieces at once. 

Here's the final result:





My next 2 projects are Easter dresses for my nieces. I'm beyond excited to get started on those. Looks like I'll be up very early tomorrow and working all day. Off to bed. :)

Until next time,
Amy

P.S. Expect a "10 Things Not to Say to a Pregnant Woman" post tomorrow. Should be amusing, but I'm not known for my comedic writing. ;)

2 comments: