Thursday, April 14, 2011

35/35!

Today I made it to the 35/35 mark. Meaning: 35 weeks down, 35 days to go! I can't tell if time is flying or if it's going ridiculously slow. Part of me is thinking, "Hurry up already, I wanna meet my baby (and, you know, be done with being pregnant)!" and the other part is thinking, "Oh, holy crap, my life is about to be completely turned upside down and I am about to have a LIFE that is 100% dependent on my irresponsible self." It's really amazing how each of those thoughts run through my head, one after the other, all day, every day. Haha. I know, I know, I'll be completely fine when she gets here and my innate mothering skills will just appear out of nowhere. (RIGHT?!?!) But, what about my driving skills? Are those suddenly going to be so stellar that I will never get in an accident when she's in the car? Like, I'll suddenly have ninja reflexes that allow me to avoid danger that's completely out of my control? I mean, I've never been in an accident and I consider myself to be a pretty decent driver, but I'm going to be so on edge every time I get behind the wheel now! What about the little things that are totally going to slip my mind, like covering the outlets before she can stick her finger in them? That one I actually have a solution for, of course, but things like this keep making their way into the forefront of my mind and freaking me out! I hope I'm not one of those insanely crazed, psychotically overbearing moms who freaks out every time their child eats a tiny piece of dirt....(No offense, of course, to moms who are like that).

On another - related - note, anyone remember that song, "I'm too sexy"? Well, I've made up a new song that fits the way I feel at the moment. It's called, "I'm too fatty" and it goes a little like this:

I'm too fatty for my bed,
too fatty for my joints,
too fatty to walk.

Seriously, though. It's amazing what an extra 20 pounds will do to you when you're already overweight to begin with.

Here's my 35 week picture:


Enough with the pregnancy ramblings, now on to the crafting! I was quite busy these past 2 days.

Yesterday I took a trip to the fabric store, cut out everything to make my friend Emily's purse, a Boppy pillow, and a Boppy cover. Let me tell you, if you're ever looking into learning to sew, buy a good pair of scissors. They could cost you $20-40, but the time and pain they save you is so amazing! Seriously, scissors are the key.

Last night I sewed the Boppy pillow.




It's a little lumpy, but that's what I get for using Polyester Fiberfill since I couldn't find a better pillow stuffing. Oh well, it will serve its purpose. And, yes, that is my belly sticking out - I couldn't move it out of the way apparently.

Tomorrow I'll sew the Boppy cover out of these 2 adorable fabrics. I'm so excited. The bird print is one of my all-time favorites!!


Today, I spent about 6 hours completing Emily's purse. It went MUCH faster than the last purse since I knew what all the directions meant, I'd been through the process before, and I threw out some steps that seemed (and were) completely superfluous. It's the same purse that I made for Meredith. I just used a different fabric, obviously. She told me her favorite color is pink, so I got a cute, colorful canvas fabric that had 2 different shades of pink in it and then spiced it up on the inside with a bright pink lining. I really hope she likes it!





I only hope it looks as good on her as it does on Dan. :)

Until next time,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric for the pillow! And, Dan looks fabulous with that purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, friend! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that one too...Im using mine all the time by the way and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm really glad you like it! :) When are you coming over to sew with me?

    ReplyDelete