Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My "Take it Easy" Day

I've been having some lower back troubles throughout the pregnancy and ended up going to the chiropractor yesterday. It was very informative and I really liked the woman, a lot. I've got 2 more appointments with her this week, so I'm looking forward to getting as straightened out as one can be during pregnancy. :)

Anyway, last night we found some water leaking from the upstairs apartment into our walls and ceiling. Way too reminiscent of our first apartment (1 week after we moved in, we had to move all of our belongings into the living room for 2 full weeks because there was a huge leak in our bedroom ceiling. That was so incredibly stressful). In order to help keep myself calm I started cleaning and of course Dan was afraid I was having "uncontrollable and irrational urges to clean", meaning that I was putting myself into labor! Haha. I did have a couple contractions, but when I sat down and relaxed, they went away (thank goodness - she needs to keep cooking for a few more weeks, still!). The damage was caused by the upstairs' neighbors water heater busting and now the problem is fixed. Here's a couple pictures of the damage (it's not too big of a deal).



 Anyway, earlier today I made a small blanket for Autumn. It's the first blanket I've made for our daughter, so that's kind of exciting. I was originally going to put ribbon around the edges for her to play with, but I totally forgot until it was too late. Luckily, I have a lot of the same material left, so I'll probably make her another one with a new pattern and lots of ribbon. Here's the finished project: 





 I was considering making another blanket today, but I don't want to overdo it. I have an easier project instead and it's for a great cause....

I just got an e-mail from Osh Kosh B'Gosh saying that for every paper crane that is made and either brought to their store or posted to their Facebook site, they will donate an item of clothing to children in Japan! Up to 50,000 items of clothing! So, how easy is this!! I love folding paper! They even have a great PDF Tutorial so if you're interested, you can make them, too!

My goal today is to make 50. What's yours?

Until next time,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I love your blog! And I love your sewing creations! Can't wait for baby Autumn to come so you can post pictures of her here!!!

    I have a blog too, which I haven't updated in forever... but check it out when you have the time: cookbooksandtextbooks.blogspot.com
    (P.S. I need to change the name, it's too long and doesn't really make sense anymore.)

    I miss you!
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise! I miss you, too! Can't wait to read more on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete