Friday, March 25, 2011

This typically happens

Generally speaking, I put way too much on my to-do list for one day. Somehow I keep forgetting that A). I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and B). I'm not that fast of a sewer! Actually, machine stitching really quickly makes my heart start to race - weird, I know. So, yesterday I completed 1 nursing cover (see below).

  I also cut out the fabric for the next nursing cover (no pictures of this yet since a square piece of fabric just isn't all that interesting) and started cutting out the fabric for my quilted pillow cases. (Please excuse the beat up coffee table). 


This pillow is going to take me 10 hours! Cutting out fabric can be very tedious and frustrating. Maybe there are some tricks out there that I don't know about?? Hopefully by the end of today I'll at least have the rest of the pillow cut out and marked. Wish me luck!

Also, here's a picture of the "cubicle" (a.k.a. our dining room) Dan and I share as a workspace. I also take over half of the living room. Luckily he doesn't care (or at least he doesn't say anything if he does).



And for one last picture - here is my 32 weeks pregnant picture. (Wow, I need a tan!)


I should really only count on the next 5 weeks as viable sewing weeks. After that, I should only work on little projects that don't really matter if I finish them now or 6 months from now. Maybe when I go into labor sewing will keep me preoccupied until we have to go to the hospital (this is probably CRAZY wishful thinking...right?).

Until next time,
Amy
 

1 comment: