Thursday, March 24, 2011

On the agenda

Today is going to be a very busy day. Besides the usual task of putting away laundry and picking up around the house (maybe I'll even bust out the vacuum since I have fabric threads everywhere), I'll also be cutting fabric and sewing a few items.

First on my list is to make 2 nursing covers using this awesome tutorial from Prudent Baby and these pretty fabrics:


Second on my list is to cut out the follow materials to make a couple quilted pillows.


I seriously fell in LOVE with these fabrics! I just love how they look together. I, of course, decided that I couldn't just use them for only one project! I'm also using them, along with some coordinating ribbon, for some stuffed baby blocks with the help of this easy-peasy tutorial.


Next on my list is to cut out the fabrics to make receiving blankets. Typically, it's cheaper to buy these in stores, but yesterday there was an awesome sale on flannels that made it the same price to make them as to buy them and I couldn't resist getting more practice with sewing! Especially because these will require a new stitch! Exciting!


And, finally, I'm going to cut out these adorable fabrics for the quilted, texture "lovey" I'm going to make. Minky, cotton, and ribbon. I can't wait until I'm finished making this! I think it's going to be "a.w.dorable"! (Haha, couldn't resist!) The color doesn't look that exciting in the picture, but maybe it'll look better when I've completed the project and the lighting in my house is better. :)


So... check back to see all of the finished products!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment