Monday, September 5, 2011

MM: Weigh-in 4?

So, I'm glad I'm not alone in my serious need for sugar. Other moms I know seem to crave it just as much as I do. Maybe it's a breastfeeding thing. Maybe it's because I ate pretty much whatever I wanted during pregnancy and now it's hard to break the habit. I'm not sure what the reason is... but it's a really difficult thing to overcome.

Amount gained or lost:  

-0. I'm steady at my start weight. Someday it will decline... like this week, hopefully.

What were my obstacles last week?

I have zero self-control when it comes to desserts. Seriously... never let me go to the store alone after dinner. It's bad. 

What are my goals for this week?

Stop eating out so much.
Eat yogurt for dessert. NOT ice cream.
Exercise 5 days.


Any random thoughts on weight-loss last week?

I finally remember what my thought about exercise was... Here goes: 

The only exercise I've ever really done has been through team sports. I played soccer, hockey, and volleyball, took Tae Kwon Do, and danced. I did most of those until I was 14. From 14-15 I went to the gym everyday... but I wasn't all that excited about sitting at home and I didn't have any friends so it was the only way I could get out of the house. At 15 I started playing soccer again for 3 years. But, when I got to college... I didn't have any regular sport team that required intense physical training. When I lived in China for my last 2 years of high school I only played sports 2 days a week and not even for the whole year. But 3-4 nights a week, a group of my friends and I would go dancing for 3-4 hours. And that is a serious work-out. I would always leave there sweating like crazy and feeling like I'd worked every bit of my body. 
Anyway... my point is that I feel VERY unmotivated to do regular exercise because I don't have a team to do it with and a goal (other than weight loss) to achieve. It's frustrating, but I need to get over it. 

My second thought is: I have been switching to all-things "natural". Cloth diapers and wipes for Autumn, natural beauty products for me, organic milk, eggs, vegetables, and meat (when we can) for the family. I'm obsessed with trying to recycle everything that I possibly can now. But the other day I realized that even though I buy organic foods and natural products because I know it's better for my body, I still let myself indulge is TOTAL junk... like Doritos and Ben and Jerry's. Yeah... it's a conundrum that needs to be solved ASAP. 

That's all. :)

What's this week's mantra?

Take it one step at a time.

Any changes to the plan?

Well.. I was walking over a mile, but my chiropractor told me I need to start at 1/2 mile first because of my hip/pelvic/lower back issues. So, I'll be starting 1/2 mile tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. If I can go a week without being sore (not muscle sore, but my issues kind of sore) then I can increase to 3/4 mile the next week and then 1 the week after that. 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 On a different note, I've changed my list of things to accomplish by my next birthday. See below: 

And here's a picture of Autumn meeting the cat and finally seeming somewhat interested in her. :) 

Until Tomorrow,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment