Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting Organized

So Dan and I have too much crap. Somehow, after a year of living in this apartment, we've just accumulated more and more junk. I can't even blame the baby. She takes up one dresser, which we already owned, two buckets for toys and blankets, a swing and a bouncy seat. I'm not counting the crib and rocking chair since those are clearly necessities.

Anyway... we have a list of places to sort through so that we can hopefully get rid of at least 1/4 of what we own. Here's our list (well, it's my list since Dan doesn't make lists...and I'm OCD about them):

Bookshelves
Pantry
Cabinets
Dan's Clothes
Amy's Clothes
Storage Closet
Bedroom Closet
Dining Room (a.k.a. my craft space)

I don't have a lot that I can get rid of from my makeshift craft space, but I am trying to reorganize so that everything I have to use is in eyesight. I tend to forget things that I buy to use... especially when they're in a bag underneath my vanity (yep... that was my previous fabric spot).

I used to be crazy about the house looking very tidy whenever people come over. Now that we have Autumn, I'm much less crazy about it. Hence why my dining room no longer works as a dining room. Dan and I eat at the coffee table every morning, noon, and night. Whatev. I needed a space to call my own and be creative and not have to worry about putting everything back in a container and shoving it back into the closet every night. Having to do that really put a damper on my will to create.

Here are some drool-worthy, totally organized, beautiful craft spaces that I've found through Pinterest recently. I can't wait to have a house with an actual craft room. Oh, to dream. :)

Enjoy!

Source: Nicole Magouirk

In a small space? Repurpose a closet! Source: wanelo

Source: create4me at scrapbook.com

My favorite since it's catered towards what I do. Source: Sew Many Ways
Until Tomorrow... HOPEFULLY THE QUILT TOP WILL BE FINISHED! Going to do that now...

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment