Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Work Week Wednesday - Dresses and Thank Yous

Work Week Wednesday. Ah... what have I been doing this week besides nursing baby Autumn, sleeping, eating, and watching tv? Well, I've at least made some progress on Z's dress finally! Remember D's dress? Here's a reminder for you: 

Now I'm making Z's dress out of the same pattern, but with different fabric. I've only been working on this for... 2 months now. Clearly sewing went on the back burner. Check out the progress so far:

I'm hoping to have this dress finished next week. I know I won't be able to finish it this week or weekend because we'll be having quite a few visitors. Tomorrow my Dad, Lynda, Aunt Gail, Uncle Tim, and cousins Jayci and Kirstin come to town. The day after they leave Dan's grandmother and Uncle Bob arrive. Then Meredith's sister arrives (she's clearly not in town for us... but still another person we know will be here!). The next week my Aunt Sherry is coming to town and possibly my freshman year roommate/friend Jessica will be visiting. A couple weeks after that (I HOPE!) Megan and Shane will be coming to see us. I love visitors!!

On another note... here's a bottle I picked up from Crate and Barrel for $3.95.

I bought it to use as a Thank You note deliverer for my midwife. I remember that during labor she kept saying that she wished she could bottle my attitude because it was so awesome. lol. So, I figured I'd send her her Thank You card inside the bottle. I'm still trying to figure out what else to put in there. Maybe some lifesaver candies... you know... because she was a lifesaver during labor. Okay it's not that creative... but hey, I can't think of everything! When this is finished, I shall post a picture. :)

Check back tomorrow for my 3rd installment in Autumn's birth story - The Recovery.

Until then,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment